Last updated: 16-Nov-2021
DEFINITION AND KEY TERMS
- Cookie: small amount of data generated by a website and saved by your browser. It is used to identify your browser, provide analytics, remember information about you such as your language preference or login information.
- Country: where BIGbox Asia or the owners of BIGbox Asia, in this case is Malaysia
- Customer: refers to company, organization or person that signs up to use the BIGbox Asia Service to manage the relationships with consumers or service users.
- Device: any internet connected device such as phone, table, computer or any the device that can be used to visit BIGbox Asia and use the Services
- IP address: every device connected to the internet is assigned a number known as an Internet Protocol (IP address). These numbers are usually assigned in geographic blocks. An IP address can often be used to identify the location from which a device is connecting to the Internet
- Personnel: refers to those individual who are employed by BIGbox Asia or under contract to perform a service on behalf of one of the parties
- Personal Data: any information that directly, indirectly, or in connection with other information allows for the identification or identifiability of a natural person.
- Service: refers to the service provided by BIGbox Asia as describes in the relative terms (if available) and on this platform.
- Third-party service: refers to advertisers, contest sponsors, promotional and marketing partners, and others who provide our content or whose products or services we think may interest you.
- Website: BIGbox Asia’s site, which can be accessed via this URL:https://bigboxasia.com
- You: a person or entity that is registered with BIGbox Asia to use the Services.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect information from you when you visit our service, register, place and order, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to survey or fill out a form
- Phone numbers
- Email addresses
- Mailing addresses
- Billing addresses
- Debit/credit card numbers
- Age (if applicable)
We also collect information from mobile devices for a better user experience, although these features are completely optional
- Location (GPS): Location data helps to create an accurate representation of your interests, and this can be used to bring more targeted and relevant ads to potential customers
- Phonebook (Contact list): Your contact list allows our service to be much more easy to use by the user, since accessing your contact from the app makes you save tons of time.
HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- To improve our service (we continually strive to improve our service offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service request and support need)
- To process transactions
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
- To send periodic emails
DO WE SHARE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT WITH THIRD PARTIES?
We may share the information that we collect, both personal and non-personal, with third parties such as advertisers, contest sponsors, promotional and marketing partners, and others who provide our content or whose products or services we think may interest you. We may also share it with our current affiliated and related companies.
We may engage trusted and verified third party service providers to perform functions and provide services to us, such as hosting and maintaining our servers and our service, database storage and management, storage marketing, remarketing, credit/debit card processing, payment gateways, customer service and fulfilling orders for products and services you may purchase through our service. We will likely share your personal information, and possibly some non-personal information, with these third parties to enable them to perform these services for us and for you.
We may share portions of our log file data, including IP addresses, for analytics purposes with third parties, such as web analytics partners, application developers, and ad networks. If your IP address is shared, it may be used to estimate general location and other technographics such as connection speed, whether you have visited the service in a shared location, and type of device used to visit the service. They may aggregate information about our advertising and what you see on the service and then provide auditing, research and reporting for us and our advertisers.
We may also disclose personal and non-personal information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we in our sole discretion,, believe necessary or appropriate in order to respond to claims, legal process, to protect our rights and interests or those of a third party, the safety of the public or any person, to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity, or to otherwise comply with application court orders, laws, rules and regulations.
We may display, include or make available third-party content (including data, information, applications and other products services) or provide links to third-party, website or services. (“Third-party Services”)
You acknowledge and agree that we shall not be responsible for any Third-party Services, including their accuracy, completeness, timeliness, validity, quality or any other aspect thereof. We do not assume and shall not have any liability or responsibility to you or any other person or entity for any Third-party Services.
Third-Party Services and links thereto are provided solely as a convenience and for better user experience to you and you access and use them entirely at your own risk subject to such third parties’ terms and conditions.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS?
By submitting your email address on our service, you agree to receive emails from us. You can cancel your participation in any of these email list/ as provided in our BIGbox Asia website or application by choosing the opt-out link or other unsubscribe option that us included in the respective settings available. We only send emails to people who have authorized us to contact them, either directly or through third party. We do not send unsolicited commercial emails. By submitting your email address, you also agree to allow us to use your email address for customer audience targeting on sites like Facebook, Instagram and etc, where we display custom advertising to specific people who have opted-in to receive communication from us. Email addresses submitted only through the order processing page will be used for the sole purpose of sending you the information and updates pertaining to your order.
COULD MY INFORMATION BE TRANSFERRED TO OTHER COUNTRIES?
We are incorporated in Malaysia. Information collected via our website, through direct interactions with you, or from use of our help services may be transferred from time to time to our offices or personnel, or third parties located, viewed and hosted within Malaysia. To the fullest extent allowed by applicable law, by using any of the above, you voluntarily consent to transfer and hosting of such information.
IS THE INFORMATION COLLECTED THROUGH OUR SERVICE SECURE?
We take precautions to protect the security of your information. We have physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to help safeguard, prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use your information which is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have access right to such system and are required to keep the personal data confidential. However, neither transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure, therefore while we use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee is absolute security.
CAN I UPDATE OR CORRECT MY INFORMATION?
You have the rights to request updates or correction to the information we collect and receive from you by reaching us at [email protected]. You are required to provide up to date information with us by either (1) by accessing your account created in the Platform, (2) change your preference with respect to communications and other information you receive from us, or (3) delete the personal information about you on our systems by cancelling your account. Such update, corrections, changes, and deletions will have no effect on other information that we maintain, or information that we have provided to third parties.
HOW CAN I DELETE MY INFORMATION?
You have the right to remove your BIGbox Asia account and all the information which we collect and receive from you any given time. You can do so by;
- Visit “Delete Account” page on your profile page. Click the Delete Account button.
This will trigger an email to our internal team to process your request.
- Our team will reach out to you within 3 working days for verification purpose
- Once done and request is verified, your account information will be deleted within 3 working days.
When your account is deleted, all the personal information and other data linked to it is also deleted.
Please note that, opting to delete or remove your account may affect your use of the Services and Platform.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
We keep your information only so long as we need it to provide service to you and fulfill the purposes described in this policy. This is also applicable for anyone that we share your information with and who carries out services on our behalf. When we no longer need to use your information and is not legally bound or under any regulatory obligations to keep it, we will remove it from our systems.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit or access your personal information. We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. After a transaction, your private information (credit/debit cards numbers) is never kept on file. We cannot however, ensure or warrant the absolute security of any information you transmit to us or guarantee that your information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by a breach of any of our physical technical or managerial safeguards.
The laws of Malaysia, excluding its conflict of law rules, shall govern this Policy and your use of our service.
We do not address anyone under the age of 17. We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 17. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from anyone under age of 17 without verification or parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from servers.